Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Goshen Be Silly

My son Benny has been in Chile for nearly a year.   Back nearly a week, he, his sister, Abby, and I took an outing the other night to play miniature golf at Coal Country Miniature Golf, and eat a meals in the retro diner Pokie Dot in Fairmont WVa.   (Coal Country Miniature Golf is notable for having:
1.  Real machinery out of coal mines.
2. Good music about coal mining
3. Educational placards at each hole explaining coal mining history and process.

Well first of all it was fun!

On the way home we passed the Goshen Road Exit from I-79 N.  Well I have tended for all these chidrens' lives to make (VERY!) bad puns off of passing road signs.   So as we passed I said something (inane) like,  "Well, now we're goshen on home."    The kids, realizing that this may have been the worst pun I have ever tried, and aware that there was some family tradition involved, broke out laughing......and giggling.....and hooting.   We tried a number of other puns in which we Goshened this or that.   By the end, our sides were aching.   I know that on the written page this isn't even vaguely funny.   Yet we all three had an incredible laugh.  

A family moment, yes.   A funny moment, yes.   A fun and loving moment,  VERY YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment