Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chocolate Lava

As with the accidental discovery of the vulcanization process, I wish to share a new accidentally discovered recipe.   While making brownies (for a party that I had the wrong date for) I forgot to put the eggs into the box mix.   Just mixed put the mix, water, and oil.   It looked kinda a funny as the water kept boiling off the top.  About 5/8 through I finally figured out the error, and thinking I'd throw good eggs after bad, mixed in the two beaten eggs and cooked.   The  eggs tried to congeal as quickly as the met the brownie mix.  What turned out has been named (by friends) chocolate lava.  It's kind of a crunchy candy.   You need to mix the egg thoroughly as it congeals, and I know I didn't cook the full 40 minutes.  More to follow as I perfect the timing.  See's Candy, watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment