Friday, December 25, 2009

Accordion dream

Last night I dreamt that I was in a small nightclub playing an  accordion on stage.  The club seemed very European and had a kind of circus atmosphere.  The accordion I was playing was cream color with lots of inlay decoration and generally very old fashioned looking.   I have several 1930's accordions that look kind of that.   The unusual nature of the accordion was that instead of a typical bass (left) side with chord buttons, the accordion had a live head that moved in and out while I played.   It had sort of a paper mache appearance that matched the accordion, but was definitely alive and generally smiled out at the audience.  As I watched the dream, I waited till I (the accordionist on stage) put down the accordion to see where the rest of the head was hidden.   However when I put down the accordion, there was no sign of a body, and the head just sat there on the end of the accordion, smiling out at me and the audience.   As can be in dreams, this was a bit of a surprise, but really didn't feel that unusual.....like saying, "Oh, it's just a live head."

Wish I could draw well enough to recreate that image.

No comments:

Post a Comment