Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mom's cookbooks

I have two cookbooks from my mom.   They have her handwritten notes amending or commenting on recipes.     They are a north Jersey Jewish Guild Cookbook, and a Jewish Cookboock (So Eat My Darling..)   Given that she was working school teacher, most of her notes dealt with shortcuts that allowed for quicker cooking.   I remember, for example, that she made a sausage with potatos, onions and peppers in tomato sauce thing.   Her short cut was to use frozen french fries, rather than cook potatoes from scratch.

I love using those cookbooks.   I also am fond of the Fannie Farmer Cookbook, which she also used.   It's a great place to go for a "basic" recipe.   I confess, however, the internet is pretty cool for getting great recipes.   Will my mom's handwritten notes migrate to the internet?    LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment