Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sex offer for pay...adult .explicit material. Don't read if offended.

My previously mentioned hitch hike to Chicago for the 1968 convention brought me face to face with a surprising situation.

My hitch hike to the Chicago area was pretty uneventful once I got out the NYC area.   I arrived on one of the Chicago beltways in a pretty big rain storm, so got out of my last ride about 2:00 a.m. at a rest stop.   I didn't think it would be cool to hitch on the rest area exit, so stood in the rest stop building trying to figure my next move.   I saw a middle aged guy get out of a phone booth, and when he reached the door, I asked him if he was going to Chicago.   He said yes and he would give me a ride.

I got in his big black car....something like a Buick.   Down the rainy road we went.   Pretty soon it became obvious to me he was drunk.   His speech was slurred and all over the place and so was his driving.   I was just thinking how I could ask him to let me off, without getting him angry and unpredictable.   While I was working out my words, he turned to me and made the following offer:

I'll give you $5.00 for oral sex.   (BTW those were not the words he used.)   I was really caught by surprise.   I knew I didn't want to rile him up.   So I just said, "I'm not into that."   Silence.   More Silence.   He didn't get mad\.   So after a few more minutes, I just said to him, "Could please just let me off here."   Again, luckily, he did.

I didn't know (or know today) many people have been so propositioned.   And on top of it, $5.00 seemed pretty darned cheap.

I stood in the rain outside Chicago getting over my surprise.   But mostly I was relieved nothing worse occurred in that car.  The most likely outcome was a crash given his driving.   The second most likely was him getting mad....and who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment