Saturday, February 27, 2010

Benny from post earthquake Chile

It took 13 hours after the earthquake to hear from the family.   Luckily I was asleep for the first five....Paul

Hey just letting you know were fine. Still in Chiloe far from the
quake. Neither of us even felt it, although many people around here
did. The highways closed in a lot of places and the airport is closed.
Mom is scheduled to get home Friday morning now (leave thurrsday) but
thats assuming that they dont delay the reopenings even more (which is
a big assumption). Ive only talked to a few people, so I dont know how
my friends are. A lot of buildings in Curico were destroyed and some
people died but I know very few specifics. My host family was in
Concepcion (really close to thee quake) so Im worried about them. We
are fine though, just figuring out what to do till thursday and seeing
how things come together.
Love,
Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment