Monday, November 29, 2010

A Day in the Life of Daisy the Dog....Told to Abby Becker, age 9, 1998

As soon as I heard the familiar clip clop clip clop of someone on the stairs and knowing it was a person coming downstairs to eat breakfast, feed me let me outside and do many other things I started to shake my kennel, whimper, and bark to let most-like Papa know I wanted out.

He came over to open the kennel.  As soon as he opened it I began running around the house, jumping on him and wagging my tail (or what was left of it) like crazy.

Wait a second let me explain something.   I'm Dasy Mango Becker (Daisy for short) and my pedigree name is Daisy, Princess of All Flowers.   I'm a full-bred springer spaniel and my biological mother's pedigree name is Irrisias Wendella, but her people, or as they like to call themselves "owners" call her Spot.   My real Dad's pedigree name is Sir Joshua Pugsley of Brittany.   I don't know what his people call him.

Anyway back to this morning when Papa fed me, I instantlhy started devouring me meal.  After thay, Papa let me go to the outside room, and as soon as I was done I banged on the see-through, hard, opening, thing that people like to call a window to let whoever was in the inside room know I wanted in.

This time, Papa's wife came to the outside room to let me in.   When I came in I saw Abby, who is the closest thing to my mom (so I call her Mom) and Mom's brother Benny eating breakfast.  They both got up to say hello, saying things like, "Hello, Daisy" and "you're so sweet" to me.  When we were done, they finished their breakfast and left.

Papa had already left.   Papa's wife put me in the outside room.  Then she left.  This is the part of the day that I hate most.  I sit around forever in the outside room.   I and watch for birds, sleep, bark at other dogs, but mostly I'm B-O-R-E-D.

After several hours, Papa's wife came home and let in.   I jumped on her, my tail was out of control, and ran around, which is appropriate since I had been in the outside room for so long.   Soon Mom and Benny came home, and petted me till I almost died from love.

The familiar call from Pap's wife came out, and it was music to my ears.   She said, "Will someone feed Daisy?"   ' I will," Mom replied.   As soon as she fed me I dug in.

After tha, Papa came home, and ai said hello to him.  I jumped on him.   He said, "Off."   I hate the word "off."   When I jump on a person, I'm expressing happiness, and people aren't grateful.   Off is my least favorite word next to no.


Anyways, Papa let me in the outsideroom and when I was done I banged on the "window."   I went inside, begged for food at the dinner table, and got some leftover chicken.  Yum!

Then Papa put me in my kennel and I recited what I always say before I got to sleep:  the letter that mg biological Mom sent.


"Although I miss you, I'm sure you are very happy in your new home.   Are you being goo?   I wanted to let you know that I am fine.   Also my hips are now officially OFA certified.   (Please tell your owners and they will explain the term to you.)  Hope you like the picture.   Be a good little English Springer Spaniel for Momma. Woof-Woof-Woof.

Love
Momma
Irrissias Wendella"


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment