Saturday, November 13, 2010

Two neat fixes:

Problem:   When I lean back in my wheeled desk chair, it badly creases and wrinkles a nice old "oriental" rug.  After years of restraightening and trying to control my roll, I fixed it yesterday:

Bought a small section of quarater round at Lowes and tacked it down in front of the rug.   Protects 100%  I considered removing the wheels, but that would take away the fun.   Please forgive the use of "oriental" as anochronistic.


Problem:   Place a candle in a pumpkin carved out for Halloween and it usually falls over.  You can't wax it to the bottom because the bottom is wet.

Break off a piece of toothpick and force it a half inch or so up into the candle.   Then insert the other end into the soft bottom of the pumpkin.   Works every time!

Sometimes I can get positively smug about these kinds of things.    Another approach to making the world a little bit better every day....... or at least a  small victory against the forces of entropy.

No comments:

Post a Comment